Established in Moscow, Russia, Kaspersky currently protects more than 300 million computers. In addition, the company operates in more than 100 countries around the world. They are considered one of the top antivirus companies in the industry.
Kaspersky has been around for 18 years, and in 2012, Gartner Inc. gave them recognition by listing them as a leader of Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms. Today, Kaspersky has released three new antivirus software options with Windows compatibility:
- Internet Security
- Total Security
Download FREE 30-day Trial: http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Benefits and Features
There are four main components to the Anti-Virus software:
- Proactive Detection
- Real-Time Protection
- Vulnerability Protection
Each piece of technology can protect your computer from adware, malware, and spyware, but the Proactive Detection and Vulnerability Protection caught our attention. The Proactive Detection helps uncover unknown malware and rollback of harmful activity. Kaspersky’s Vulnerability Protection is used to find compromised programs within your system.
If you are looking for a basic solution to your security needs, Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a good choice. It is considered a cost-effective approach to Internet security. However, the other antivirus software from Kaspersky might be a better fit.
Kaspersky Internet Security Benefits and Features
Some homes and offices need advanced protection the Anti-Virus software cannot provide. If you need additional layers of defense, Internet Security might be a better choice. It offers the same benefits as Kaspersky’s basic antivirus software, as well as:
- Anti-Spam – Any harmful or unwanted emails will be filtered.
- Application Control – Eliminates to opportunity for harmful applications to harm your computer.
- Award-Winning Parental Control – This advanced technology allows parents to block, limit, and monitor their children’s activities on the Internet.
- Secure Financial Transactions – If you do any type of online banking or shopping, this advanced protection should be considered a necessity.
- Two-Way Firewall – A two-way firewall is currently one of the best ways to block hacker attacks.
The Internet Security version is good for families and office computers. It provides the user with a plethora of benefits, all the features of the Anti-Virus, as well as increased protection to keep banking information and credit card numbers safe.
Kaspersky Total Security Benefits and Features
The Kaspersky Total Security offers seven additional features, over and above everything the Internet Security provides. All benefits are categorized as Management and Digital Asset Protection, which include:
- Control Center – Manages the security for your entire in-home network.
- Easy-to-use Encryption – safely stores your confidential information.
- File Shredder – Keeps deleted files from being accessed.
- Password Manager
- PC Clean-up Tools
- Remote Management of Parental Control – An upgrade from the standard parental controls.
- Scheduled, Automatic Backup
The Kaspersky Total Security antivirus software is a step above the rest. It is a complete package for the individual or family who needs every type of security protection possible.